Minister of Social Development, Lindiwe Zulu, MP has urged on SASSA Senior Management of the important responsibility of serving the needy. Minister Zulu was speaking at a SASSA strategic planning session, recently.
"I would like for us to journey together in the implementation of what we have always said, what social development is", said Minister Zulu. According to Minister Zulu, using a portfolio approach, "should expand the culture of excellency and service delivery to meet the felt needs of our people". She also highlighted the main objectives of the strategic plan for the next 5 years and the following key issues which need to be addressed:
- Governance and Compliance
- Reduction and elimination of litigation
- Development of a strategic partnership framework with stakeholders.
- Reduction of economical dependency of active and potential beneficiaries on SASSA
- Management of SAPO and SMA relations and delegation of resources
- Partnering with the department of Education and Health in addressing teenage pregnancy.
- Contact reporting to the Ministry
- Empowerment of SMMEs and review of procurement criteria.
- Staff engagement and development.