- the applicant must be South African citizen, permanent resident or refugee;
- the applicant and child must be resident in South Africa;
- child must be under the age of 18 years;
- must submit a medical / assessment report confirming permanent, severe disability;
- the applicant and spouse must meet the requirements of the means test (except for foster parents);
- the care-dependent child/children must not be permanently cared for in a State Institution.
Click here for more information
Note: The income of foster parents will not be taken into consideration.